7.28.2007

Welcome to my Art

This is my passion. I've been taking photographs and then digital images for years. While always interesting to me, I never realized my gift until about 4 years ago when I had a huge cache of images on my computer. Many people made comments about "my work" and finally it dawned on me, that these really are nice.
My goal is to continue to provide quality images for my church and other groups I belong to. They use them on their websites and for promotional materials, brochures, etc.
I attended a class on photography and found out not only do I have a great eye for taking images but equally skillfull with the software to make a nice shot into an even better one. I try to find the shot that has an emotional draw and is also interesting. Maybe a fresh perspective to see something in a new light, allowing the natural beauty to be recognized easier. It's become a natural talent that has been nurtured for years and I'm willing and ready to let my little light shine.
Hopefully as my work becomes known, it will become my full time profession. Thank you for stopping by here. Jim

4 comments:

Sister Joanne said...

I like the Hawk on the ground photo. Interesting about the transition...the little 5 pound Chihuahua I rescued was in the backyard on Bigger RD. This hawk came down low to check out the chihuahua, to see if it was worth a meal....I was glad someone was near the dog!:))
I enjoyed the leaf with the water running down, and also one of the snow shots.
Thank you for putting your work up there for praise or criticism, and the time you spent creating the blog!
Joanne

Roger said...

Jim, I am so excited for you!
I am grateful to you for sharing your talent and for the private pictures. Now others can enjoy your work as well.
Keep exploring the possibilities and thank you for thinking of me to send me the notice of your site. I will visit it often!
Love in Divine Spirit, Roger

Barbara Jean said...

Jim how wonderful your picture's are.Words can not express what I feel about them ,but I gave it a shot.
Barbara Jean From the Club

Unknown said...

Jim,
You gave me your card today, 11/16/07 in Lexington, KY at GBBN. I have visited your site and your photographs are awesome. Good luck and keep on doing what you love.
Judy A

33 pound Ohio River Bluecat

33 pound Ohio River Bluecat
Caught & Released 2-29-04, I used to fish all the time, hence "mrfish" Which is in my email address.

Please Note:

All these images are copywrited and may not be used without the expressed permission of Jim Gormley Thank You in Advance, besides, I'm easy, I'll probably let you use them ;-)
So Please Ask First

Contact me at: mrfish@fuse.net